We welcome Steven as project engineer + new member to our Cincinnati, Ohio team.
1. What are your hobbies?
Over the past years, I’ve been involved in kart racing as a hobby. The karts I race are capable of doing great speeds and are not like the ones down at the amusement park. It is greatly satisfying to be able to improve your driving skill, tune you own kart, and then go out and win a race against 50+ other drivers.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
I follow most sports with a special interest in open wheel auto racing. I root for the Purdue Boilermakers, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Yankees + Mercedes AMG Formula One Team.
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers do not belong in the left lane + they’re often unaware of their surroundings.
4. What would you do with $1 million?
I would invest a good portion and use the rest to buy a sports car. I’d take it to many of the great race tracks I’d like to visit.
5. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Besides my automotive/racing hobbies, I have been backpacking in the mountains of Colorado + New Mexico, and have gone rappelling.
6. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy being around friends + family, and exploring new places in town.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to do a lot more traveling. I have never been to Europe and would like to explore much of the history.
8. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I’d like to be fluent in a few languages. I took a few German classes in high school, but have forgotten the majority of what I had learned .
9. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
Realistically, I’d be an architect or another type of A/E/C engineer. I would, however, really enjoy being a professional racing driver.
10. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York City – it is the most recognizable skyline in the world.