We welcome Tom Magrino as a project manager and the newest member of our structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy playing video games or reading after work. On the weekends, I enjoy hiking + exploring new areas I come across.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
I enjoy watching baseball + hockey. The Philadelphia Phillies + Flyers are my favorite teams.
3. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I have a Phillies hat that I bought at the World Series. It’s something I would definitely go back + grab if there was a fire.
4. What would you do with $1 million?
5. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I climbed Old Rag Mountain with a 30 lb pack at the end of a 30-mile hike. I was hopping across crevasses to avoid the lines of people waiting at pinch points in the trail.
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make a pretty darn good Shakshuka for brunches.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to visit every major league ballpark with my old roommate.
8. Fun fact about yourself.
I like spicy food a little too much. It can get dangerous if I don’t pay attention when I cook for other people.
9. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
I read The Kidder Parker Architects and Builders Handbook, which has been essential to my career so far. It provides explanations for the different construction types + methods that were used in construction in the early 20th century.
10. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I want to build something in Antarctica. There isn’t much there right now, so designing a structure there would be incredibly challenging + unique.