Welcome, Lizzie! She joins our Cincinnati, Ohio office’s structural engineering team as design engineer.
1. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends).
One of my most prized possessions is my Subaru Forester. This summer, I went on a road trip out west and it never let me down.
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I get very peeved when people drive in an overly aggressive manner. It seems unnecessary!
3. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I took a helicopter ride to the top of Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska, where I drank water from a small stream. I was told it was some of the freshest water in the world.
4. Fun fact about yourself.
I’ve been playing the trumpet for about 15 years. I’ve played in marching bands, wind ensembles, jazz bands and drum corps.
5. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could whistle. I’ve been trying to learn how to for many years and it just never works.
6. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
I love to try new recipes and decorate cookies, and them share them with family and friends!
7. Meet my family.
I have a sister who is a pink-loving, high heel-wearing engineer. My mom is the crafter of the family, and can make everything out of anything. Some people think that my dad is a really good engineer, but I think the important thing to note is that I can beat him at ping pong.
8. What are your hobbies?
I like to read, bike, bake and eat. My dad and I like to sample the best brunch locations in Cincinnati on Sundays.
9. What would you do with $1 million?
I would put it in savings. I’m a big risk taker.
10. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
To be determined.