We welcome Lauren Conley as a design engineer and the newest member of our structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy playing golf during the summertime and skiing during the winter.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
My favorite sports to watch are golf + hockey. Growing up in Columbus, I became a huge fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Now that I moved to Cincinnati, I’m starting to enjoy watching the Cincinnati Reds.
3. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
Throughout the years I kept a box of every handwritten letter my family + friends have given to me.
4. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I went skydiving twice!
5. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make an amazing buffalo chicken dip, which is always a big hit at every party I take it to.
6. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would want to be either a Ski Patroller or a National Park Ranger.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
I always wanted to ski in the Swiss Alps, visit Banff National Park in Alberta Canada and visit all of the national parks in the United States.
8. Quote to live by.
“Take every chance – drop every fear.”
9. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I had a natural talent for cooking a variety of dishes.
10. What would you sing at karaoke?
If I could sing, the song I would pick is “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts.
11. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
A book that I found helpful is To Engineer is Human by Henry Petroski.