We welcome Chandler Harlow as a design engineer and the newest member to our Cincinnati, Ohio structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy regular + disc golfing, hiking, and generally being outdoors whenever I can.
2. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy any outdoor activity. However, when the weather is bad, I always enjoy video games with my friends.
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I can’t stand when people talk louder than they need to, especially when someone is right next to them.
4. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I went whitewater rafting + zipping once. However, the most extreme activity I have done recently is getting up close + personal with giant, friendly wolves.
5. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would want to be a military historian. I’m fascinated with all wars and the strategies that go along with them. I have been to more Civil War battlefields than I can count.
6. Why you chose to work/live in Cincinnati, Ohio?
I am Cincinnati born + raised, and never left even for college. Cincinnati has everything a city even twice as big has, but with the smaller, middle-size city feel.
7. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to travel to Harlow, England because more than likely there is an unbroken line of Harlows before me that originated from that village.
8. Fun fact about yourself.
I’ve earned my black belt in tae kwon doe almost 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I had to stop once my education started taking up more of my time, and I’m not as flexible as I used to be.
9. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I had any form of artistic creativity. I can do all sorts of math + science, but can’t draw anything better than stick figures.
10. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would design a structure in a major city like Los Angeles or New York – some place where millions of people can see it every year.