We welcome Alec Demaree as a design engineer + the newest member of our Cincinnati, Ohio structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy exploring new coffee shops and parks around the city with my wife.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
I don’t have a favorite professional sports team but I enjoy playing disc golf, ultimate frisbee + beach volleyball.
3. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies include taking landscape + travel photography. I also enjoy hiking, biking, movies, music + video games.
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I’m annoyed when people don’t eat the crust on their pizza and then go for another slice.
5. What would you do with $1 million?
I would buy a new professional camera, car, gaming computer and house. Then with the money left over, I would split it between donating to charity + saving the rest.
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
My wife, Sarah, is the better cook between us, but I can make great cilantro-lime chipotle chicken tacos.
7. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would become a freelance travel photographer, architect, or programmer.
8. Fun fact about yourself.
I used to play the keyboard in a southern rock band. Our largest show had over 2,000 people that attended.
9. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could play the guitar.
10. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
A book I found helpful in my career is It Takes More than Concrete by Dr. Robert Bowen.