We welcome Victoria as a project engineer + new member to the Schaefer team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy spending time with my little dog, Fred, and exploring new places.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
My favorite soccer teams are the New York City FC + Italy national football team.
3. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I’m rarely without my Nikon camera + music/podcast library.
4. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I’d be a travel photographer, or maybe the co-owner of a needlepoint shop!
5. What would you do with $1 million?
I would travel, get my dad + I a supercar to share, and then probably donate the rest to various charities.
6. What’s on your bucket list?
My list is mostly centered around places to travel: Japan, New Zealand, Croatia + Slovenia, Machu Picchu, Bhutan, Berlin + Munich, Amsterdam, Provence, and the Amazon.
7. Quote to live by.
“Seek first to understand, then to be understood.”
8. Fun fact about yourself.
In the summer of 2021, I packed up all my stuff into a storage unit, fit my essentials (including my little dog) into my Mini Cooper, and decided to work remotely + live nomadically for a year. I’ve been spending anywhere from one week to two months in various locations to see more of the United States and meet interesting people.
9. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I want to learn how to surf.
10. What market/material is your specialty and why?
I have extensive experience designing entertainment structures. Some of my favorites have been the temporary structure + rigging designs that have helped to bring Cirque du Soleil shows to life!