Another great structural engineer in our Cincinnati office! Welcome, Rachel!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
The Wright Brothers. They were able to take a crazy idea and make it possible.
2. Where did you go to school?
University of Dayton
3. Why you chose to be a structural engineer.
I wanted to become a structural engineer because I enjoy the challenge of designing useful buildings. No two are the same.
4. Why you chose Schaefer.
I chose Schaefer because the environment provides all of the right tools to succeed. Schaefer boasts a variety of projects; there will always be a new type of project to design.
5. Favorite sports and teams.
I have been a rowing for a long time and enjoy the sport. Outside of rowing, my favorite teams are the Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds and anything Dayton.
6. If I wasn’t a structural engineer I would be…
A rowing coach
7. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy exploring the outdoors, specifically through hiking, biking and boating.
8. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I went sledding down the tallest mountain in Germany, Zugsptize. We took a shaky cable lift 2000 meters to the observation deck at the top where you can see for miles. We used thin plastic plates to sled down a portion of the mountain for hours. It was so much fun and the view was gorgeous.
9. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I love making tacos because they can be customized to be delicious for any person.
10. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d like to design a structure on one of Michigan’s lakes – every place out there is pretty!