We welcome Peter Householter as a design engineer and the newest member to our Cincinnati, Ohio structural engineering team.
1. Favorite sports and teams?
My favorite sport teams are Green Bay Packers, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls + Tottenham Hotspur.
2. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I couldn’t live without my homemade knitted blanket that my partner, Abby, made for me. It’s soft, warm + comfortable to use while working from home or watching TV.
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is impatient drivers.
4. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I hiked through the jungles of rural Ecuador on an Engineers Without Borders trip through our EWB Chapter at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
5. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would be a sports reporter or broadcaster. I loved watching ESPN in the mornings growing up, so I would love to follow my favorite teams and write about them for work.
6. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to go on an African safari, hike through the mountains + jungles of Ecuador (again) to find cool caves or waterfalls, and watch my first few projects get completed + built. I also, one day, want to move to rural Ireland and open a bakery for the scenery, parks + amazing food.
7. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make a mean pesto + cream chicken pasta with zucchini.
8. Quote to live by.
Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
9. Fun fact about yourself.
I have never broken a bone.
10. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I was ambidextrous.