Nathan Walsman, PE joined Schaefer’s Cincinnati, Ohio office in 2005 and is our parking design expert.
1. What about Schaefer gets you to jump out of bed in the morning?
I love when I have the opportunity to help a team member or client learn from my expertise or experience.
2. What would you sing at karaoke?
My love for karaoke is well known to my friends. My go-to song is “Please Come to Boston” by David Loggins.
3. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I have owned a guitar for at least 15 years and I still can’t play a song that anyone would recognize.
4. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy playing golf with friends + teaching people to wakesurf.
5. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
Our boat has provided many good times.
6. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to play Augusta National Golf Club.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I can’t stand when people use the word “golfing.” You play golf. You do not go golfing. Let’s make this a nationwide movement!
8. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I love making anything on the smoker – brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, etc.
9. What would you do with $1 million?
My wife + I have three daughters: Maggie, Laney + Ava. It’s boring, but with three girls who will need to get through college, most of it would go towards their education.
10. Describe Schaefer in three words.
Great people throughout!