We welcome Maya Cottongim as a design engineer and the newest member of our Phoenix, Arizona structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy indoor rock climbing during my free time. My hobbies include visiting national parks + hiking.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
My favorite sport is gymnastics. I was a coach on + off from 2014-2021.
3. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would be a gymnastics coach.
4. Fun fact about yourself.
I was a competitive soccer player through my senior year of high school and was convinced I was going to go to college to play soccer.
5. Meet my family.
I have a five-year-old cat named Calliope.
6. What would you do with $1 million?
I would buy property + build my own house.
7. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
One of the coolest places I climbed was Cradle Mountain in Tasmania, Australia.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to hike in Iceland. I already plan on hiking in Alaska, which I have planned for the summer of 2024.
9. Why you chose to work/live in Phoenix, Arizona?
My partner’s entire family is in Arizona. It made sense for this chapter of my life to move here also.
10. What would you sing at karaoke?
My go-to song is “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood.