We welcome Matt Kozumplik as a design engineer and the newest member to our Columbus, Ohio structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy a twilight round of golf with my wife + friends and spending the evening at a local brewery.
2. Favorite sports and teams?
My favorite sports + activities I enjoy are golf, football + basketball.
3. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I couldn’t live without my golf clubs.
4. Meet my family.
I live with my wife, Natalie, and our dogs, Olive + Macaroni.
5. What are your hobbies?
My favorite hobbies include golf, pickleball, cooking, home renovations, playing poker + reading.
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
My signature dish to cook for family + friends is my famous risotto.
7. If you weren’t a structural engineer what would you be?
I would likely want to be a teacher or in finance.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to travel to every state in the United States.
9. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could sing.
10. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
A book I found helpful in my career is Structures: Or Why Things Don’t Fall Down by J. E. Gordon.