Meet Matt, a principal + structural engineer in our Cincinnati, Ohio office.
1. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When someone says “we’ve always done it this way.”
2. What do you want to accomplish in the next five years?
I want to grow the higher education market for our firm, expanding our reach geographically to new universities + architects.
3. What about Schaefer gets you to jump out of bed in the morning?
In all seriousness, it’s the people – the best colleagues I could hope for.
4. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends).
Coffee – a little weird, but I think you can possess it.
5. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
I’d be a chef, but probably more realistically, a short order cook. Not sure I could make it in fine dining!
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make a great wood-fired pizza.
7. What would you sing at karaoke?
“Thunder Road” by Bruce Springsteen.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to travel to all 50 states. I’ve been to 38.
9. What has been the most rewarding initiative you’ve accomplished since joining Schaefer?
Not an initiative, but being the team leader for the Phoenix office has been extremely rewarding. Getting to know the team and being a part of our firm’s growth outside of Ohio has been tremendously rewarding.
10. Describe Schaefer in three words.
Creative, smart, collaborative.