Larry recently joined our Columbus office project manager. Welcome, Larry!
1. What inspired you to pursue structural engineering?
I enjoy using my imagination to visualize how pieces go together. Structural engineering provides an outlet to work with other trades to solve problems and gain new experiences.
2. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
A forest ranger.
3. What would you do with $1 million?
Beyond the obvious zero debt, buy a new truck, etc., I would buy a hunting and fishing cabin in the woods.
4. What are your hobbies?
Hunting, fishing, running, gardening and being my wife’s fourth child.
5. Fun fact about yourself.
My wife and I are high school sweethearts.
6. Meet my family.
My wife and I have been together for 15 years. We have three children all under six years old.
7. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
My pancakes are delicious because they are made from scratch due to some food allergies in the family.
8. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Pancake day, really.
9. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would choose somewhere close to home that would allow me to share the experience with my kids.
10. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to visit Antarctica (preferably before it melts).