Welcome, John! He joins our Phoenix, Arizona office’s structural engineering team as project engineer.
1. Meet my family.
My fiancé, Liz, is also a structural engineer. We have two pit bull/boxer dogs, Luca + Ollie.
2. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I cook Thai yellow curry with chicken, made with homemade curry paste!
3. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends).
I would never want to lose all of the photos from my trips with family + friends.
4. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d choose anywhere in the mountains so that I would have an excuse to go on a site visit.
5. What’s on your bucket list?
I’m going to travel to the highest point in all 50 states.
6. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I drove a car 150mph on the Autobahn.
7. What would you do with $1 million?
Put it all on black.
8. What are your hobbies?
Recently, my only hobby has been studying for the SE exam. But I try to hike or camp as much as possible!
9. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
Seismic and Wind Forces – Structural Design Examples is great since it covers everything related to the SE lateral exam.
10. If you weren’t in structural engineering, what would you be?
I’d be a professional soccer player or coach.