We welcome Jim Driscoll as the newest project manager joining our structural team.
1. Favorite sports and teams?
I’m a huge fan of every Wisconsin team: the Green Bay Packers, Brewers, Bucks + Badgers. As a Milwaukee resident, the Bucks 2021 NBA title run was particularly gratifying.
2. Meet my family.
I live with my wife Rachel (we have been married since 2009) and our French Bulldog named Biscuits.
3. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy just about any outdoor activity – biking, hiking, skiing + sailing are some of my favorites. I also enjoy cooking and my wife is an avid baker, so we make a great team.
4. What would you do with $1 million?
I’ve would buy a home on the water in either New England, Vermont or Maine.
5. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I rode my bike from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Evanston, Illinois (75 miles in one way). It might be a long ride for a serious biker, but it definitely felt like an extreme undertaking!
6. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Who doesn’t love Saturday? It’s great to wake up in the morning and look forward to a fun, relaxing weekend!
7. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I have a delicious chili recipe! It’s one of my favorite dishes to make + eat.
8. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would be an avid Do-it-Yourself-er, carpenter or woodworker. I enjoy building things.
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I’ve only traveled outside the United States a few times. I really want to eventually take at least one trip to each continent.
10. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I have no musical aptitude. I’ve always thought it would be fun to play an instrument or have some vocal talent.
11. What market/material is your specialty and why?
I have extensive experience designing healthcare facilities. Working on healthcare projects is rewarding because of the complexity + need for close coordination with the project teams.