Jay Benzing joined Schaefer’s Cincinnati, Ohio office in 1995 + is a senior modeler.
1. What has been the most rewarding initiative you’ve accomplished since joining Schaefer?
I was one of three who started our Revit initiative and was one of the first to complete projects in the program.
2. If you weren’t a modeler, what would you be?
A travel Journalist.
3. What would you do with $1 million?
I would downsize, invest a large portion, retire and start a travel blog.
4. What’s on your bucket list?
I still need to visit my 49th + 50th states; I only have Hawaii + Alaska outstanding.
5. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could scuba or deep sea dive.
6. What about Schaefer gets you to jump out of bed in the morning?
I don’t jump out of bed because of bad knees, but if I did it would be for the great people I work with and the firm that tries to do the right thing for its employees on a daily basis.
7. Describe Schaefer in three words.
My second family.
8. What would you sing at karaoke?
“What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong.
9. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make delicious zucchini steak + mashed potatoes.
10. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Not working hard. We all have different skills and as long as we work hard we all can succeed in life.