We welcome Howard Harris as a project manager + the newest member of Schaefer’s structural engineering team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy gardening in my free time.
2. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I can’t live without my enormous book collection.
3. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy weight + cardio training.
4. What would you do with $1 million?
I would design + build my own home.
5. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make a mean butternut squash + black bean enchilada.
6. If you weren’t a structural engineer what would you be?
I would become a carpenter.
7. Quote to live by.
“Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”
8. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I knew multiple languages.
9. What industry book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
A book that I found helpful is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig.
10. What market/material is your specialty and why?
I have extensive experience designing tall steel buildings + working with steel materials.