1. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I can’t whistle.
2. What would you sing at karaoke?
“We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel is my go-to.
3. Why did you choose to join Schaefer?
Schaefer is an ideal size. It’s large enough to give me exposure to a wide range of challenging projects, yet small enough to have a great company culture that produces a pleasant work environment.
4. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d choose Columbus (I could see it all the time and show people I know).
5. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I’m more interesting in the coaching side than the teaching, but a high school math/science teacher + track coach could be enjoyable and fulfilling.
6. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy running, I have run in the Columbus Marathon/Half Marathon for the last three years.
7. Favorite sports and teams.
I am a OSU Buckeye fan first and foremost. I am also a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets and Cincinnati Reds.
8. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
My fiancé and I enjoy going to all types of Ohio State sporting events. Attending football games in the Shoe will never be beat, but even the unusual events like synchronized swimming can be fun to attend.
9. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I don’t care if people make a little noise while chewing, but I had a roommate freshman year of college who ate with headphones on and would make more noise chewing than you would think possible.
10. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Friday. Who doesn’t love the start of the weekend?