Meet the newest addition to our Columbus office, Brad Samblanet!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
My parents. They provided a great childhood environment and unconditional guidance, support, and tools to become a respectable member of society.
2. Why you chose to be a structural engineer.
I’ve always been fascinated with structures and architecture. In school, I excelled in math and physics. Therefore, when I combined my interests with my strengths the choice was simple.
3. If I wasn’t a structural engineer I would be…
A catamaran tour guide in Kauai.
4. Why you chose Schaefer.
Schaefer has a great reputation in the industry and is poised for future success. The project types and diversity will keep me interested for years to come, and the culture was the icing on the cake.
5. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
My backyard. It would be a 100 ft tall tower with a water slide and zipline for the kids (and me). The conceptual planning is complete, but funding and permitting are somewhat of an issue.
6. My most prized possession (outside of family and friends).
My grill? I just wouldn’t feel right without one in the summertime.
7. What’s your favorite day of the week?
The one that ends in Y. Life is too short so you have to enjoy them all.
8. Meet my family.
My beautiful ladies Jenna (wife) and Lily (daughter). In August, we will welcome our newest addition, which Lily has named Lolelioloeli. I’m not quite sure how to spell it, but when asked what the baby’s name is going to be, that is her response.
9. What are your hobbies?
I forget. I just finished studying for the SE, house hunting and job hunting. I’m not sure what I’ll do with my free time when the dust settles. Change diapers?
10. Favorite sports and teams.
- University of Dayton basketball.
- March Madness.
- The factory of sadness (Cleveland Browns and their titleless counterparts – Cavs and Indians).