Amazing individuals, great company, incredible work.
Lara Stroup, PE
University of Illinois
- Master of Science, Structural Engineering
- Master of Architecture
The Ohio State University
- Bachelor of Science, Architecture
- Staff Spotlight: Lara Stroup, PE
- Construction Specifications Institute Construction Document Technologist Certified
- Member of Structural Engineers Association of Ohio
- Engineering Ministries International Volunteer
- Project Focus in Steel & Wood Construction
- Joined Schaefer in 2017
What inspired you to pursue structural engineering?
I come by it honestly. My great-grandfather was an architect and my grandfather was a structural engineer in Columbus. He inspired me to pursue structures. I’ve also always enjoyed drawing and being creative, and love math; it just made sense to pursue architecture and engineering.
Building stronger communities:
Why did you choose to join Schaefer?
After working in the engineering field for over six years, I came to know Schaefer as a well respected structural engineering firm in Ohio. I’m looking forward to the many opportunities I’ll have here to grow as a structural engineer.