We welcome John as design engineer + new member to our Cincinnati, Ohio team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
Cooking! Whether it’s ol’ reliable recipes or new ones, I love learning about and crafting cuisine.
2. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make carnitas in the slow cooker with a full taco bar.
3. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I’d want to be a play by play announcer/analyst for football + basketball.
4. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
I coached an 11-13 year olds YMCA basketball team to an undefeated season. I loved teaching teamwork in basketball to my enthusiastic group of kids!
5. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Sunday; to me it means football + great food!
6. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy coaching + playing basketball, cooking, cheering on my football teams, playing the euphonium, and playing board + card games.
7. Fun fact about yourself.
I played the baritone in the University of Notre Dame Marching Band.
8. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could play guitar and shred to some rock hits.
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to walk the El Camino de Santiago in Spain and go on Survivor.
10. What would you sing at karaoke?
“Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” by Looking Glass.