We welcome John McWilliams to Schaefer’s Columbus, Ohio structural engineering team as project manager.
1. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy backpacking, camping + fishing.
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I have skied the backside of Snowbird in Utah.
3. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I could sew so that I could repair clothes + gear in the backcountry.
4. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to hunt mule deer in the Missouri Breaks in Montana.
5. Meet my family.
My wife, Danielle, and I have four kids, Gage, Ian, Bennett + Evie. Fun fact: they were born in three different states.
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make delicious smoked chicken thighs and deep fried perch.
7. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
The movie Anchorman had me laughing more than I ever have.
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
9. What would you sing at karaoke?
“What I Got” by Sublime.
10. Quote to live by.
“I do not know whether I shall make progress, but I should prefer to lack success rather than to lack faith.”