A new addition to our newest office! We welcome Taylor to our Phoenix team.
1. Why did you choose to join Schaefer?
The combination of high quality structural designs as well as a focus on a positive work environment drew me to Schaefer.
2. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I enjoy designing structures in areas with unique local design challenges such as the high seismic issues in California or wind/hurricane design in a state like Florida.
3. Why you chose to work/live in Phoenix, Arizona.
I’ve lived in Phoenix most of my life, so I guess you could say that I enjoy living in the desert.
4. What’s on your bucket list?
I plan to ride all of the roller coasters at Cedar Point.
5. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends).
I’d run into a burning building for whatever machine is currently holding my music library.
6. Fun fact about yourself.
I play bass guitar and occasionally the drums.
7. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I wish I was able to play the piano.
8. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy golfing, running, playing sports and hanging out with friends.
9. Favorite sports and teams.
Baseball is my favorite sport (but I love a lot of them); the Chicago Cubs are my favorite team.
10. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Spelling and grammatical errors are the worst! It’s my mom’s fault – she’s a journalist!