Meet Stephanie, a project engineer in our Phoenix, Arizona office.
1. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Definitely Saturday. Saturdays are for long hikes + good food.
2. What are your hobbies?
I love doing anything outside, especially if it includes my dog, Mila. We love to hike, camp + paddleboard together!
3. Favorite sports and teams.
Baseball. Go Diamondbacks!
4. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I have been trying my whole life to learn how to whistle.
5. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
I love to travel! I am always planning my next vacation, and I even love meticulously planning all of the little details in the months leading up to a trip.
6. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to visit all of of our national parks + all of our major league baseball stadiums.
7. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Either bungee jumping off a bridge in New Zealand or scuba diving the Belize Barrier Reef.
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Aggressive driving. It is so dangerous + unnecessary!
9. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
I would love to own a bakery.
10. What inspired you to pursue structural engineering?
I have always loved math + science, and I knew in high school that I wanted to pursue an engineering degree. When looking at schools, I fell in love with Colorado and the Colorado School of Mines. I had such a great experience there, which really encouraged me to pursue structural engineering as a profession.