We’re excited to welcome Sarah Lively to our Columbus office as design engineer!
1. Most prized possession (outside of family and friends).
Books. I love to read and have a small library at home. If I’m ever bored, I can always pick up a book.
2. Meet my family.
I have a pretty small family. I have a fiancé, Joshua; two dogs, Leo and Indiana; and a tortoise, Tardis.
3. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
I’m a sucker for a good kids movie. They make me laugh until I cry.
4. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
Dancing. I would love to have learned ballet.
5. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
I love to create. If I’m not building furniture, drawing or painting then I’m probably cooking or baking. Any way you look at it, I’m creating something.
6. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I love to bake cakes. My signature cake is dark chocolate cake with peanut butter chocolate ganache filling and peanut butter filling.
7. Why you chose to work/live in Columbus.
Columbus is an extremely under-rated, amazing city. It is a huge center for the arts and has a very diverse culture. It is also the winner of the Smart City grant which is leading to a lot of fun innovation around the city.
8. Quote to live by.
If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.
9. What would you sing at karaoke?
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen is my go-to, but you don’t want to hear me sing. That talent bypassed me completely.
10. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
My parents work hard to provide a good life for our family and have the biggest hearts of anyone I’ve ever met. Their kindness and compassion are impossible to match.