We welcome Maddie as design engineer + new member to our Cincinnati, Ohio team.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
I enjoy curling up on the couch with a good book.
2. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I’d probably work at a publishing house as an editor, or any job that would allow me to read every day!
3. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who walk slowly in front of me – it drives me nuts!
4. What would you do with $1 million?
I’d set some aside for my family for whatever they need and then take time off to travel.
5. What’s on your bucket list?
I want to see all seven Wonders of the World – I’ve already got one down!
6. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New Zealand! It’s at the top of my list to visit, and that would be a great reason to travel there + see the sights.
7. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
My mom’s side is Italian, and I took a cooking class to learn how to make homemade pasta while I was in Sicily. It’s so fun to make and always a big hit.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
My mom. She’s an insanely hard worker and someone I’m so grateful to have in my life.
9. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
I’m the first person in my immediate family to graduate college, and that’s a huge accomplishment.
10. What is a skill that you don’t have, but wish you did?
I always wished I could sing or play an instrument – I think it is so cool! Unfortunately, I’m tone deaf.