Get to know our Columbus office’s Administrative Assistant, Jen Cheslik.
1. Where are you from?
I am from Columbus – I grew up in Clintonville.
2. Why you chose Schaefer.
I chose to work for Schaefer because of the company’s impressive reputation. The broad scope of work, collaborative approach to projects and firm pride made me want to work here.
3. Where did you go to school?
I studied Architecture and Landscape Design at Columbus State.
4. Why you chose to be an Administrative Assistant.
I like to see people succeed, and I enjoy talking to and helping others.
5. Meet my family.
My husband, Joe, is a landscape designer. I have two beautiful daughters, Nora and Sydney, and a cat, Moxie.
6. If you could visit any structure in the world, what would it be?
I love Japanese garden design and would really enjoy a long trip to tour the many gardens of Japan.
7. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy being outside, playing with the kids and getting my hands dirty in the garden.
8. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Snorkeling in Mexico – pretty extreme (for me)!
9. If I wasn’t an Administrative Assistant I would be…
A flower farmer.
10. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
Tuna noodle surprise! I don’t have an actual recipe, so the surprise is always what ingredient I forget to add.