We welcome Jake Griffin, PE to our structural engineering team as project manager.
1. Favorite thing to do off the clock?
I enjoy spending time with my wife + kids, and home renovation projects.
2. Meet my family.
I’ve been married to my wife, Taryn, for 12 years. We have a daughter, Eliza, who is five, and a son, Theo, who is two.
3. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I’d be a tradesman of some sort: carpenter, welder, electrician, etc.
4. Fun fact about yourself.
Here are three:
- I started dating my wife at 14 years old.
- I spent the summer after high school as a local stage hand in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky region working a lot of outdoor concerts.
- My wife + I gutted our house down to the studs and renovated the entire thing.
5. Favorite sports and teams?
6. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy playing golf, hunting + playing the drums.
7. What would you do with $1 million?
I’d invest in real estate + cryptocurrencies, and then buy an RV to travel around the country.
8. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to visit all of the national parks.
9. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
I make reservations.
10. What market/material is your specialty and why?
I’ve designed higher education + military facilities the majority of my career.