Geoff joined Schaefer’s Cincinnati office as a modeler in 2012 and has grown his role to coordinate our student workers and manage the office’s logistics + maintenance. Meet Geoff.
1. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
While I’m known for my chili around the office (I’m a multi-year chili cook-off champion), my signature dish is actually grilled chicken wings.
2. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
I always feel very accomplished after volunteering with People Working Cooperatively or after finishing a large project around the house.
3. What has been the most rewarding initiative you’ve accomplished since joining Schaefer?
It’s still in process, but it has been incredibly rewarding to serve as the project manager for our Cincinnati office relocation. It has its challenges, but I’m very excited about the end result.
4. Describe Schaefer in three words.
Smart, approachable, creative.
5. What would you do with $1 million?
I’d build a house on a golf course.
6. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
7. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
I’d be a woodworker/carpenter, landscape architect or golf course grounds superintendent.
8. What book have you read that has been most helpful to your career?
Crucial Conversations has been most helpful to me.
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I’ll build my own house, hike the Pacific Crest Trail (and other similar trails), try deep sea fishing, travel to Alaska, and attend concerts at a shortlist of venues including Red Rocks Amphitheater.
10. What do you want to accomplish in the next five years?
I want to continue to increase my role and value here at Schaefer, and maybe earn my PE license.