Schaefer’s Cincinnati, Ohio office welcomes April Wang as design engineer.
1. Where are you from?
I grew up in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania.
2. Favorite thing to do off the clock.
I dance! Currently, I dance ballroom/latin, salsa and west coast swing.
3. What are your hobbies?
Dancing, food tourism, and attempting to jog.
4. What’s your signature dish to cook for family and friends?
Recently, I’ve been sharing prototypes of a spicy candied bacon recipe I’m still trying to perfect. It’s been my favorite treat to cook so far!
5. If you weren’t in this profession, what would you be?
I would probably be a high school physics teacher.
6. What would you do with $1 million?
I would pay off my parent’s house, pay for my brother’s college education, enjoy a nice vacation, and save the rest for the future.
7. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
I tried to reenact various standup comedy routines for my mother. Unfortunately, I ended up breathless from laughing before delivering the punch lines.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
My mom. She came to the USA by herself back in the 1980’s and is a strong woman-in-STEM role model for me.
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to hike through multiple National Parks including Redwood Forest and Zion National Park.
10. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I hiked Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Huanglong, Jiuzhaigou, and Huangshan Mountain. Some roads are prone to land slides and we were hiking at altitudes over 4000 meters above sea level… and I’m scared of heights.