We welcome Andrea Appleyard as a design engineer and the newest member of our Phoenix, Arizona team.
1. Favorite sports and teams?
I’m a Cleveland fan first – I grew up around that area – and an Arizona fan second. My favorite sport to watch is football.
2. Most prized possession/what you couldn’t live without (outside of family and friends)?
I have a necklace made from my grandmother’s wedding ring diamond that is really special to me.
3. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy yoga and spending time outdoors. I spend most of my time hanging out with friends + family.
4. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?
I laugh the hardest when I’m around my brother; he has such a contagious laugh that makes everything funnier.
5. What would you do with $1 million?
I would turn that one million into more millions by investing, and then travel around the world.
6. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
I was a passenger in my friend’s amateur drifting race competition.
7. If you weren’t a structural engineer, what would you be?
I would join the Peace Corps or another organization that focuses on helping people.
8. Why you chose to work/live in this Phoenix, Arizona?
I chose the downtown Phoenix, Arizona area because it has more of a unique personality with tons of local restaurants + shops.
9. What’s on your bucket list?
I’d like to travel to as many places as possible!
10. If you could design a structure anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would design a structure in Dubai because of the size + unique characteristics of the buildings there.