This $70 million 117,000 sq ft in-patient wing added private rooms, obstetrics unit, surgical center, satellite gift shop, cafe and kitchen. The new cafeteria replaced one the hospital had used since the 1950’s. The first floor features three operating rooms, representing a 44% increase in the hospital’s operating room capacity. This six-story building is constructed with steel framed floors and roof and a deep foundation system. The facility was finished and opened to the public in June 2010.